Thursday, October 2, 2008

I love, love, love Yosemite!

If you don't already know.... I LOVE Yosemite!!! We had a fantastic getaway to Yosemite this last weekend for the last time before the weather might turn to winter.
We had a great cabin (thanks Melodee!) and went to spend a day in the Valley. We went up to Glacier Point for another beautiful view of Half Dome.


Suzy and I "went green" and all matchy-matchy for the 9 mile hike down and around to the Valley floor.


Beautiful views along the way.


Cool view of the side of Half Dome!


So the next day, my friend Andy and I planned to stay another day and play hooky to go climbing. This is the view we had as we pulled out to the first viewpoint... ummmm, looks like no climbing, but gorgeous picture opportunity! We changed our camping plans, crashed at the nearest friend's house, and climbed elsewhere the next day. It was still a better option than work!!! Yahoo!

8 comments:

Grayson Family said...

I'm jealous.

The Bingham's said...

Good for you!! It looks awesome. How fun that you got to go with Suzanne!! You guys look so cute all green and stuff ;)

megan said...

Wow! That is beautiful!

Mikayla said...

Wow, all of those pictures look professionally taken! They are so pretty, and to good to be real!! Sounds fun!!

Cam said...

Oh my gosh. So pretty!

Bee Happy Stamper said...

You have the coolest weekends! I still haven't been to Yosemite and I've lived here for 5 years! That's pathetic!

Michelle said...

In response to Heidi's comment, I've lived in the Bay Area my whole life and never been to Yosemite (although my parents assure me we went when I was little but I don't remember). The pictures are gorgeous.

djensen said...

How fun! I was just in Colorado Springs and went hiking in the Garden of the Gods-and I was thinking it would be fun to climb-but alas it is forbidden!