Monday, October 20, 2008

Run like a Girl....



FOR 13.1 MILES!!!!
Yahoo! Yesterday I did the Nike Women's Half Marathon in San Francisco. I have to thank my sister-in-law for convincing me to sign up, when I would have never done it on my own.
Was it hard? Yes
Were there hills? Yes (a few more than I expected!)
Was it still worth it? Heck yes!


We started at 00-dark-hundred. (7am but it was still dark when we got there at 630.)




My good friend Suzanne ran it with me. She totally helped me keep on going!

It was well-organized and super fun. There was even entertainment along the course like bagpipes, and a gospel choir, and a couple groups of cheerleaders. The time went by surprisingly fast. I will not lie, I was very tired at mile 11, but I hung in there. And I love my new specially-made Tiffany's necklace for the runners. Yeah!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay for you! I am so happy you did this! My only regret is that we didn't get a picture of the two of us together!

Cam said...

Holy cow. You are awesome. Hope you treat yourself to a well deserved massage and really long nap. You are a rock star!

The Bingham's said...

That is so amazing. You girls rule!! I love that you and suzanne were matching again. :)

crystal said...

A medal by Tiffany! Woohoo! You rock for doing this.

I'm inviting myself next year :)

Michelle said...

Congrats on doing this in the first place and an extra congrats for finishing. Love the pictures. Nice description of the starting hour.

Anonymous said...

You are a Super Star KB! I would have died at mile 3 :)

Grayson Family said...

I want to be you. You should come here so I can practice.

megan said...

Good job!! I think that race sounds like so much fun!!!

Bea said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm proud of you!!! You're awesome... I actually went through the NIKE expo they had the day before the race and I wish I had signed up for it! I'm glad you had a great time... it's all worth it!

Christy said...

Congrats! What a fantastic accomplishment!

Pili girl~ said...

Kristin!!! How fabulous that you ran a 1/2 marathon! Isn't it exciting?!?! You look lovely as always.