Saturday, October 11, 2008

Up in the air...


Today, I went to San Francisco to see the airshow for Fleet Week. There were a few exhibitions flying through the air: Fat Albert, F-16's, a fighter plane from the Korean War, the Snowbirds, and the finale..... the Blue Angels!!!
It is really hard to take pictures when the planes are flying 120-600 miles an hour, but the show was fantastic! So amazing to see them flying in formation and so close together. Wow!
I think I love watching airshows even more because my dad loves airshows, and my grandpa loved airshows. Oh how sweet memories make current events more memorable.

3 comments:

The Bingham's said...

Love the blue angels. I actually watched them "practice" out in our backyard this summer. We have a nice view of Hill Air Force base. It was amazing!!

Michelle said...

I love Fleet Week, especially the Blue Angels. Sadly, we haven't been to see them since we moved from the city. We need to make it a yearly tradition like you.

Bee Happy Stamper said...

I wanted to go, but those darn sick kids with the flu! We watched what was on TV and wished we could have gone. Next year!!!