Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I must be losing my mind...


I am getting ready to do something I thought I would never do (I guess this teaches me to say never to say 'never'!)

I am heading to Zion National Park in 10 days to do a big wall climb. That means that I am going to climbing a wall large enough to take more than one day. (the Angel's Landing wall, if you know Zions) So guess what that means... that's right, I will be sleeping on one of those crazy port-a-ledge things off the side of the wall.
WHAT AM I THINKING??? I honestly don't know. Well, I figure you gotta try new things sometimes, and this is definitely a new thing. Be adventurous while I have good people to be adventurous with!

The scenery will be spectacular, the company will be good, and I will be workin' pretty hard so I might even lose some of this "30 fat" (always a great side benefit!).

Wish me luck! I'll post some great pics when I get back...

11 comments:

megan said...

Wow!! Good luck!! That is a crazy adventure! Something that I am sure will give you great satisfaction to have accomplished! Good luck and be safe!!!

Scott, Julie and Kaylie said...

Kristin! I love how we can just find each other through blogs! How are you? I loved reading through your blog. Looks like your doing fabulous. You are super brave to try such daring things! keep in touch
-Julie (Scott's wife)

Anonymous said...

Kristin! You are a ROCKER! oh and did I mention you are also CRAZY! Good luck! You are going to have ton of fun! And I want to hear all about it when you get back!

Bea said...

Kristin,
The picture you posted is great!!! I love it! Look at all the gear you got on girl! IMPRESSIVE...
Have fun, good luck and enjoy it!! You rock...

Bea said...

Kristin,
The picture you posted is great!!! I love it! Look at all the gear you got on girl! IMPRESSIVE...
Have fun, good luck and enjoy it!! You rock...

Christine said...

That is a super great picture of you - good luck and you can do it! I'm glad I can now keep up with you via blogging. I always look forward to running into your dad at church. I have always loved the Bird Family - you guys are great. I loved seeing Nathan's birthday party pictures - too cute!

Michelle said...

Ummmmmm..... you're crazy. Do you think you will ever be able to fall asleep? Yikes. I am excited for you! Take lots of pictures so I can live vicariously through you! :)

rebecca said...

I was looking at all that gear you have on and thinking that has to weigh half your weight!! As always, you amaze me!! I'm so excited for you to do this next amazing adventure. Hey, speaking of amazing adventure, I think you would be a great candidate for the next Amazing Race! You would win for sure!!!

Anonymous said...

KRISTIN, THIS IS THE REPROGRAMMED GRANDPA COMING YOUR WAY. IT IS GREAT TO BE HOME AND TO HAVE YOUR PARENTS HERE VISITING WITH ME.THEY ARE KEEPING ME LAUGHING AND SHOWING THE BLOG OF THE FAMILY. I CANNOT BELIEVE YOUR ARE SO ENGROSSED IN THIS SPORT, TOO MUCH WORK AND DANGER. BUT BY THE SAME TOKEN YOU ARE SOARING MUCH HIGHER THAN THIS EAGLE. KEEP ON SOARING AND I WILL TRY SAILING AS THE WIND CURRENTS DRIVE ME. GRANDPA

melis said...

OMG!!! I am so scared even reading about this! Good luck and take lots and lots of pictures to prove that you really did it! AHHHHH- be safe!

The Birds said...

Good luck! You are way braver than me! I can't wait to see pictures when you return! Be careful!