Friday, September 7, 2007

Fun Summer Memories....

Is it September already??? There were just too many fun things going on this summer. Since this is my first 'blog entry' I thought I would write my summer highlights....


I guess the first event was going to Marine World. I love the fact that we all took off on a Tuesday and played hookey! It was also Michelle's birthday, so we celebrated and just loved watching the 2 kids, Nathan and Audrey, have a blast! Mostly we spent time with the animals, but we big kids rode a couple rides too. Yahoo!

I got the greatest picture of my nephew Nathan making friends with a walrus. He was talking to him and the walrus was just staring back like he was listening. So cute!



I also got a chance to rock climb at Lover's Leap for the first time. The boys and I took off on our adventure, and soon became known as 'Midnight Train', 'Small town Boy', 'Shameless Desire', and 'Wildfire'. We climbed a fantastic and frightening (to me!)climb called Corrugation Corner. Great climbing, and I provided the entertainment by doing "the beached whale move" onto a ledge, getting my back pack stuck, and kicking my feet in the air to try and propel myself while laughing! I can say I have never done that move before! I have to give props to Andy for the fabulous lead! What a great view and,of course, the company couldn't have been better. Yet another experience that tells me how much I love climbing!




Hiking Half Dome in Yosemite was not on my list of things to ever do again...ever. But, never say never! Natalie and I embarked on a crazy day of adventure. We woke up early, drove to Yosemite, hiked Half Dome in 90+ degree weather, and drove home. What a day! We decided 3 days previous to suck it up and just go for it. We knew it would be hard, but the heat added a second level of difficulty.

Once I got close to the top, exhausted and a little lightheaded, I remembered why my sister Andrea and I vowed never to do this again. But, we succeeded and got to the top of that mountain! Spectacular view!! And who would have ever guessed that Natalie's cell phone would have worked up there??? (hi Daddy-O!) I wish I had a picture that could do this place justice, but these will have to do for now...



So much summertime fun. Can't wait to see what the fall will bring...

4 comments:

rebecca said...

I'm so glad that you enjoy life to its fullest, Kristin!! Welcome to blogging! Now maybe I can keep up with all your adventures a little better:)

Anonymous said...

Kristin! Youy do party like a Rockstar. Just remind me of your adventures the next time I want to go hiking with you! This will remind me of the wimp that I am and should not be near you while on a mountain, forrest, or hill for that matter! You rock!

Michelle said...

Girl's Camp didn't make the list of Summer Highlights???? What are you thinking. I know you did a ton of fun stuff this summer-you're always partying.

Anita said...

Yeah for you, Kristin! You are always enjoying whatever you do! I love it that you're able to get back to your Idaho roots. Proud to call you "cuz"!!!!