Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gratitude is an attitude

This was a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend. Nothing like good food, good family togetherness, and good friends. I truly have so much to be thankful for....


Cute girls in cute new aprons.




Delicious food for a Thanksgiving dinner (look at those candy potatoes!!!)




Dancing just because you can and you feel like it.




Dressing up like Pilgrims and Indians to tell the story of Thanksgiving. (that was sooo entertaining!)




And, topping it off with a day trip to beautiful Pinnacles State Park for a little climbing and hiking with Andy. Good times!



And my list could go on and on.... My mind keeps going back to the quote from Pres. Monson in the recent General Conference,
"Both abundance and lack of abundance exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend. When we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present....the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth."

I choose to see abundance, and there is so much of it!

3 comments:

Cam said...

I love this post. Your family is awesome. I love your mom and Audrey with their matching skirts. And I can just imagine my favorite Jr Firefighter Nathan re-enacting thanksgiving as an Indian. I am sure it was hilarious. And that quote you posted is great. I have never known it before, but it is so true.

Michelle said...

That picture of Nathan is making me laugh hard! I don't remember that quote from Pres. Monson but sure is a great one. Now I need to go read the whole article. Glad you had such a great T-day.

Elise said...

What an awesome Thanksgiving you had as all Bird events are!! You do have an awesomely wonderful family!! Love those aprons, BTW. And it looks like the hiking was just beautiful. What a perfect end to a perfect weekend.