Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Where the men are...

Okay, so me and my homegirls went to a LDS MidSingles Conference in Huntington Beach. And why do we do things like this that has great potential to be depressing, humilitating, and damaging to the self esteem??? That's right, to find us some men! Some days I wonder if all the available single men (the non-crazy ones, of course) have fallen into a black hole in the middle of Kansas with Dorothy's house. So we get up our courage to go to things like this in the hopes that an email was sent to the black hole, and they might show up! (a girl can dream, right!?!)
So the 4 of us went, and it was great! I came back with a tan, feeling great from running on the beach, and a renewed hope in finding Mr. Right (no great stories to tell about that yet...)
But we look like total Hotties in the pics, and that is what counts. Yeah!


Beach Clean-up Activity


Mixin' and Minglin'

5 comments:

Christy said...

Two gals from our family ward (single and in their 30's) went to that conference too, so there must have been some amazing women for the guys to "feast" on! Glad you had fun!!!

Michelle said...

Looks like you had a great time. But it's always a party when you're around. You are much braver than I would be...I don't think I could ever go to something like that (because I'm not very good at the mix & mingle thing).

crystal said...

You DO look hot in the photos! Lucky. I look like a jellybean at present (7 mos pregnant).

Your little crack about the non-crazy men made me think of Phoebe in P.S. I Love You...always giving the men the rundown right when she meets them. :)

Christine said...

hee hee hee - I'm still giggling about the guys being in a dark hole in Kansas - that's a good one! Glad it was a fun time for all. And you do look great girl! Wish I looked that good!

djensen said...

You have always been up for adventure of any kind...I drive through Kansas frequently now and have actually been to the Wizard of Oz museuem...I am sorry to report that there was a decided lack of cute hot guys in Kansas...maybe they are hiding elsehwere...like North Dakota!

I am so sad we missed you during our trip! But it was great to hear your voice!