Monday, April 21, 2008

I am addicted to crack

Kari, this is for you...

So, I make this mean dessert. They used to be called Congo Squares or Blond Brownies, but that is not an accurate name. Someone renamed them Crack Bars because they are sooooo addicting. I have unfortunately shared this recipe, and I apologize for any addicts I may have caused. :)
For those of you wanting to take your chances, here is the recipe. Good luck!!!




3/4 c butter
2 1/2 c brown sugar
2 1/2 c flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 c chocolate chips

Melt butter in saucepan. Add brown sugar. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Add eggs one at a time. Then add flour, baking powder, and salt. Add choc chips.

Bake at 350 in 9x13 pan for 25-30min.

11 comments:

Elise said...

Thanks! Now I can add this to my new addiction of making cheesecakes. I guess I should sell the house and move to the gym.

Mikayla said...

I'm right there with you! They are so delicious! My mom makes them all the time, and they are usually gone that same day! :)

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe that you gave a fat woman such an addicting recipe. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? It's horrible! In fact, it's so horrible that I think I'm going to go and make some RIGHT NOW!!!! XO-Kari.

Christy said...

Cool! By the way, if you haven't tried Elise's cheesecake you are missing out!!!

Anonymous said...

AHHH the good old days of eating these until I exploded. I will have to make some for the girls to get them addicted at an early age. I am such a good mom!! Love ya!!

Trina

Christine said...

I always love a new dessert recipe. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to make them this weekend.

Michelle said...

I remember you making them when we were roomies. Good times. I never make them because it's true-you can't stop eating them. Thanks for reminding me of what I can make when I need to bribe you!

rebecca said...

I remember these, too and how much I loved when you made them!! But I forgot about them until this post! Darn, now I am going to have to go make them to remember how good they were!!! I'm sure it's only a point for Weight Watchers, right!!!!

Christy said...

I made these for FHE last night (with white chips because that's all I had) and they were DELISH!!! Thanks for sharing... our kids are now crack addicts too!

Megan said...

That was so fun to see your comment on my blog...through Heather! I miss that girl! I can't wait to try that recipe... anything resembling a choc chip cookie makes me so happy. I love your blog & can't wait to check up on what you are up to. I'm sure we'll be seeing you sometime soon! Love you & your family! Keep in touch. Love Megan

megan said...

So we tried your Crack Bars! :) and we loved them!!! We found them to be the most addicting the next day...we for real ate almost the whole pan in less than 48 hours!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!