Sunday, February 17, 2008

And the reviews are in...

Okay, so I thought I would give a couple of recommendations for those of you looking for new books to read or movies worth watching.
Books
1. 3 Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson. This is an intriguing book about one man making a difference, and it also gives insight into life in the Middle East.
2. An American Life by Ronald Reagan. I actually listened to this book on tape actually read by him. (I still call audiobooks 'books on tape'. Does that date me or what???) It was great to hear him tell his story from childhood to President.
3. The Travelers Gift by Andy Andrews. A great story about what qualities we should acquire and what is really important in life.

Movies
1. 27 Dresses. Cute, pretty predicatable chick flick, but a few good laughs to make it entertaining.
2. Touching the Void. A harrowing true story of 2 guys ice climbing in Peru and barely living to tell the story. So well done that I was getting anxiety just watching it!


Just a couple ideas.... I will keep you posted if anything else fantastic comes my way. I have a few books here waiting to be read, so hopefully they will be worthwhile! Such a challenge to fill your spare time with things that are worthwhile and not just a space filler.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am always looking for good reads, and of course a good movie. YOu know me. So I just finished the Twighlight trilogy, LOVED IT. I saw it was one of your faves. Go EDWARD. Love ya!!

Mikayla said...

Hey Kristin its Mikayla! I also really loved 27 dresses! I have never heard of that other movie? Was it in theaters or did you rent it? Well hope to see you and the family soon!

kristin said...

Mikayla, The other movie is a rental. So glad you liked 27 Dresses too! I lost your link to your site. Could you send it to me??

Grayson Family said...

kristin,

Here is another great book.

The Alchemist written by Paulo Coelho

If you have not read it, do. It is a fantastic story about achieving your destiny. Ok, it sounds hokey but it is great. Short. Easy to read. Let me know what you think.