Monday, May 31, 2010

Hogbjerg family get-together

If you didn't already know, I LOVE my family! And since I love them so much, an opportunity to get together with them is definitely up there on my list of fun things to do.
My great aunt Jytte came to visit her son, Johs, in Los Angeles, and we were lucky enough to get a chance to see her while she was here. And Aunt Jytte was such a celebrity that she drew in my other cousins and aunts and uncles too. Lucky me got to see them all!

My cousin Johs was gracious enough to host us at their gorgeous home for an afternoon BBQ.

My mom and her siblings spent time with Aunt Jytte going over old pictures. Aunt Jytte's english is so good that she was able to tell us some great stories about growing up in Denmark, and my grandfather's antics. She makes me want to learn Danish! And, it also brings back my desire to continue my family history research on this great Danish ancestry I have!

I love my Danish heritage. I am so lucky to have relationships with my extended family. I truly appreciate them, and miss my other family members who weren't able to come share in the joy - that is exactly what it was... joy!

Jeg elske deg!

No comments: