Thursday, August 27, 2009

Someone else's trash is my treasure

I have been needing a new dresser for a while. My old dresser is fine. I bought it at IKEA 8 years ago, and it was just starting to get old, and have issues. (maybe it is because I was CRAMMING the drawers full.... whatever!)
So I have been on the hunt for something new. I decided to browse the consignments stores too for treasures. And, guess what..... I found a treasure! I went in and saw a beautiful dresser, but then noticed it had a "hold" tag on it for someone else. (how dare they!) I put my name with the store just in case things changed.... and they did! I got a beautiful, solid, espresso dresser that hardly has a scratch. Score!

I don't really have a good before picture.... but my dresser was light like my bed.



And now.... check it out! New pictures (thanks to Sam Moons!), and gorgeous new dresser! Happiness!!!




Thank you to whoever got rid of this gem so that I can enjoy it! And a BIG thanks to my dad and Matt who helped heft this behemoth up the stairs and into my room! Not an easy task, but worth it!

5 comments:

Rob's Northrops said...

Wow!! A definite score! That thing is beautiful. You Rock!

Michelle said...

Nice find! I'm in the furniture market right now. Wanna go find some stuff for me?

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic! I love the new pictures too! Yeah for you!!!
-Alli

Bee Happy Stamper said...

I love finding "the perfect for me" bargains!!! Nice job!

Elise said...

Love the dresser!!! So perfect. Great find.