Monday, August 10, 2009

Campin' with the Girls!

Ah, to be 16ish again....
Oh wait! I got to be 16 again at Girls Camp a couple weeks ago!

The outdoors. The great food cooked for you. The ponytails and pigtails. The fun and water fights. Lots of giggling. Late nights and cumulative sleep deprivation.
Yep. That's Girls Camp AND being 16ish again! Lucky me.

So, as usual, it was so great to have my Dad up there too. It is so great to have him there and also to see him being so much fun with all those teen girls that look up to him.


And I had the great experience of having a long time friend be up there too as a cook. We got a chance to hang out a little bit and found out that we are mean kayakers!


And then I also got to relive a little bit of the college days and be a roomie again with my old roomie. Look at us.... we don't look a day older! (or something like that...) So fun to have a good friend that has known me for a very long time, and still finds time to be a good friend inbetween being a great mom to 3 great kids. I loved catching up on the chit-chatting!



Good times! No wonder I love going every year!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Good times indeed! I loved being roommates again and it was so fun being up at Girls Camp.

Bee Happy Stamper said...

YAY for girls camp!!! Seriously, it's more fun as a leader don't ya think?