Saturday, May 24, 2008

Blayne Duffin Bird

Grandpa, I love you and will miss you.
I will miss the yearly travels to the huge metropolis of Blackfoot to visit you and Grandma in the summers. Some of my fondest childhood/family memories were in your basement or in your backyard around the fire pit.

This potato is a couple blocks from Grandpa's house. Great photo op for tourists!


You supported me in everything I did. You were at my high school and college graduations, and you were quick to tell me how proud you were of me.


I will miss your stories, your opinions about life, our phone calls, and your love for me. Thankfully, those sweet memories will continue to live on. I will treasure those memories forever. I will continue to try to be patient and flexible too. :)

6 comments:

Elise said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa! I know how connected and close you were to him. But it is good to know that he is happy with your Grandma. Makes the missing and hurt a little less.

Sorry I have been one of those bad friends.But I have been thinking of you. Love ya.

rebecca said...

What a sweet tribute to your Grandpa. I'm thinking of you and your family and sure love you!!

crystal said...

I'm sorry, Kristin. I know how much your family loved Grandpa Bird. We'll be thinking of the Birds in the next few weeks...

megan said...

Those are sweet pictures and a sweet post. I hope that you are doing ok. Send our condolences to your family.

Christine said...

What a beautiful tribute to your grandpa. I really loved all the 80's photos! I think Ken Jr. and I wore that same pink and blue striped polo shirt to Sadie Hawkins one year - oh vey!

Michelle said...

I'm sorry about your Grandpa and even more sorry that I've been such a bad friend...no phone call to you before we left on vacation to see how you were doing. Hope time is healing your heart. I loved your Grandpa when I met him-shows me where your Dad got his personality. I love all those pics too.