Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Run...Drive...Sleep...Repeat!

12 people....
2 vans...
28 hours...
and 182 miles!!!

I just did an insanely fabulous relay race last weekend in and around Phoenix! Wow! I was exhausted but happy at the end of the 28 hours.


above: Team "Unnatural Selection - fighting DNA every step of the way!"

below: Van #2


I ran 11 of the miles (I was the wimpy girl in the group. others did up to 20!)
It was great....there were about 170 teams. The place was swarming with 15 passenger vans full of crazy runners. Some were dressed in costumes, but all of them were supportive and cheering everyone on, no matter what team they were on!
I must admit that running with a reflective vest and a headlamp at night was awkward, but who cares! What an adventure! I think I am just enjoying finding out what I am made of. Apparently, I can run crazy races!

I loved the challenge enough to sign up for another race next year. Anyone else up for an adventure???


The tattoo sleeve package said "will fool your friends 8 and up". What do you think?


What I got to look at while running. Gorgeous!!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats on running and finishing the race. I'm sure it was fun and tiring all at the same time. I'm not sure I'll be ready at this time next year to do it with you.

Michelle said...

Impressive, that's all I have to say. About the race, and the tatoo...

Christy said...

How fun! Nice tatoos - glad you think the cactus are gorgeous... I think they are a bit ugly, but I'm getting more used to them. Next time you are in the area, give us a buzz... or better yet, drag Elise down here with you!!!! :)

crystal said...

YESSSSSS!!! I wanna come next year!!!! Please let me! I've been having my "Chariots of Fire"dreams, as I call them. When I'm in my 3rd trimester--every pregnancy--I always dream that I'm running & it's easy & it's fun.

I miss my running. *sigh*

megan said...

Wow!! That is super impressive!! Good job!!