Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Is there a New Moon out tonight?

This is a little belated, but I had to post about my "New Moon" experience....
My wonderful sister, a faithful Nordstrom shopper, was shopping one day, and ended up with 2 free tickets to a special preview on "New Moon". Since the vampire/werewolf saga is not her thing, she graciously gave them to me! Yay!
I was super excited to share the teeny-bopper madness with my fun sister-in-law (whose thing IS the vampire/werewolf saga)!
The night of the premier, my sis-in law got caught in horrible, awful traffic and she could't come.... sooo sad! But my good friend Kari happily jumped in to come experience this with me!
The theater was open only to people with these special lanyards given by Nordstrom. Every one of the 14 theaters was showing New Moon. They were very serious about us wearing the lanyards the WHOLE TIME. I must admit, it was kinda fun to be able to walk right in the to movie theater, not pay, and then go find a seat. Although, it was a little sad having to pass the die-hard fans already waiting outside for their show to start in 4 hours in freezing weather...wow!




I must say that watching the movie with a theater full of girls 10-30ish was worth it. I loved hearing the screams and gasps through the movie with every appearance of Edward or Jacob. I am "team Edward", but I must admit that this movie has temporarily made me waver to "team Jacob"--- hello hottie!

5 comments:

The Bingham's said...

I got to go to and early preview as well and it was so fun. I agree with possibly switching teams, Jacob with his shirt off was a lot nicer then Edward. So fun, Twighlight fan!!

Chantalle said...

A-gree about Jacob but still Team Edward...I mean wow! I am going to take John to see it this weekend cause I saw it at midnight (luckily other people waited in line for me woohoo!) and thought it was so fun to hear everyone get so excited...but now it is mostly a blur and I want to see it again to actually remember this time!

rebecca said...

What a fun night;) And I'm with you on the team Jacob wavering :)

Michelle said...

sad sad sad. I am so sad I missed it, but I am so glad it was so fun! I am sooo with you on the jumping ship to team Jacob. Taylor Swift is one lucky girl! :)
Can't wait to see pictures from your trip!

Michelle said...

I haven't seen the movie yet but I have ALWAYS been Team Jacob, even with the books ending and knowing that it won't ever happen.

Maybe one day I'll see the movie, but I guess I should see Twilight first (yep-haven't seen that one either).